10 Potential Holiday Dangers for Your Dog

0 189

Toxic Holiday Plants

Holiday plants like poinsettia, holly and mistletoe are pretty at Christmas, but dangerous if a dog consumes them, says Dr. Jamie Richardson, a licensed veterinarian and medical chief of staff at Small Door Veterinary. “The chemicals found in the leaves and berries can cause vomiting, diarrhea and breathing difficulties even if just a small amount is consumed,” she says. The spiny leaves on holly can cause gastrointestinal irritation, like abdominal pain and excessive drooling. Richardson says to call your vet immediately if your dog has consumed any toxic plant.

Leave A Reply